Welcome friends! This tutorial applies only to All-New Lightroom CC, the newest Adobe Creative Cloud Lightroom version. Because the user interface of this version is completely different from its predecessors (Classic Lightroom CC and Lightroom 5-6), we have decided to create new installation instructions for you. If you need instructions for the previous versions as mentioned above, please head over to this post.
It's also worth noting that in addition to the new user interface changes in All-New Lightroom CC, Adobe has removed the ability to save and import custom brushes. If you purchased preset collections from us that include brushes, please note that our brushes can only work with Classic Lightroom CC + Lightroom 5-6 as stated in our product descriptions.
Prerequisite: Before you install our presets, please unzip the download file we sent you, and then copy the entire preset folder that's inside the main folder.
Alrighty, let's dive in!
How To Install Lightroom Presets
- Click on the Preset panel at the bottom of the screen
- Select "Open Presets Folder"
- Paste our preset folder in the Develop Presets folder
- Close the window and you're all done! Your presets should now appear inside the Presets Panel.
Questions You May Have
- Where are my Lightroom presets? When you click on the download link, the .zip file is automatically downloaded to your computer’s default “Download” folder. Please navigate to that folder to locate the file. All of our preset collection files have the following naming convention “DP .zip”.
- Why should I copy the preset folder instead of the .LRTemplate files? This is purely for organizational purposes. By copying and pasting the entire preset folder, all of your presets for that collection is organized in the Preset panel. This makes it easy for you to reference and use. If you choose to paste the .LRTemplate files instead, that is fine too.
- How come I don’t see my presets after I have installed them? Make sure you restart Lightroom after you have installed the presets. Your presets should show up under the Preset panel. If you still don’t see them, check to make sure your presets are in the “Develop Presets Folder”. They will not show up if you place them in another folder.
- Can I layer the presets? Yes, most of the presets in our collections are layerable. The exceptions are the Mood and tone presets, which will override each other because they all utilize mostly the same settings but different values to create a unique color profile.
- Can I install Lightroom presets in the mobile app? Our instructions are for Lightroom desktop version only. If you would like to install our presets in Lightroom mobile app, please refer to external online tutorials. We recommend this tutorial.
Need editing inspiration? Check out our Customer Photo Gallery and see photos edited by our customers using our Lightroom presets collection.