How To Import & Use Lightroom Mobile Presets
Start Here First:
This tutorial assumes you already downloaded the zip file to your computer, extracted it and located the DNG mobile preset file. You should also have the Lightroom CC mobile app installed on your phone. If you have not done so, please do this now.
Below are multiple options for you to transfer the DNG mobile preset file from your computer to your mobile phone. For Option 1, you will need to have the GMAIL app installed on your phone. For Option 2, you will need to have the Google Drive app installed on your phone. Both are available on Google Play and the App Store.
Option 1: By Gmail
- Download the Gmail app to your phone first.
- From your computer, open your internet browser, log into Gmail and send an email to yourself with the DNG mobile preset file attached to it. Make sure you title the email subject "Dreamy Presets - Name of Preset". This will help you easily find the file in the future.
- From your phone, open the Gmail app, and then open your email, click on the DNG mobile preset file, select Copy to Lightroom CC. If you see the "Unsupported File Type" message, just IGNORE it and continue.
- To use the mobile preset once you are in the Lightroom app, simply copy its settings and paste them onto a photo you want to edit. This is how you will apply the presets for any photos you want to edit in the future. Please watch the video demo below.
Option 2: By Google Drive
- Download the Google Drive app to your phone first.
- From your computer, go to https://drive.google.com. You will need to sign into your Gmail account in order to do this.
- Create a folder called Dreamy Presets
- Click on the NEW button located at the top left of the browser to manually upload the DNG mobile preset file. Make sure you are ONLY uploading the DNG mobile preset file and NOT the zip file.
- Once uploaded, open the Google Drive app on your PHONE, and sign in with the same emailed you used to upload from your computer.
- Locate the DNG mobile preset file you just uploaded, and then click on the "..." icon on top left of the phone's screen.
- A menu will be displayed, select "Send a Copy" and then "Save as Image" or "Open in Lightroom" (if you have that option). If you see the "Unsupported File Type" message, just IGNORE it and continue.
- If you choose "Save as Image" from step 6, you will need to import that file from your phone's camera roll into the Lightroom app manually. Please note that in your camera roll or photo gallery, the mobile preset file will look like blank image, and that is OKAY! Go ahead and import it anyway. It will show up fine in the Lightroom app.
- Once imported in Lightroom, to use the preset, simply copy its setting and paste onto a photo. You will need to copy the settings of the mobile preset and paste those settings onto a photo you want to edit. Please watch the video demo below.
Option 3: By Mac Airdrop (for iPhone + Mac computer only)
- Airdrop the DNG mobile preset to from your computer to your iPhone. This will save the DNG mobile preset file to your iPhone’s camera roll. Not sure how to do AirDrop? Read this https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203106
- With the Lightroom app open on your phone, click on the ADD PHOTO icon. Select the DNG mobile preset file from your camera roll. The app will show this message “Cannot Load File”. Ignore this message and go ahead an import it into the Lightroom app.
- Once imported in the Lightroom app, you will need to copy the settings of preset and paste onto a photo you want to edit. You will need to copy the settings each time when you want edit or paste on a new photo.